Tuesday 2 September 2014

Review: Aquis Microfiber Hair Turban




Hairdryers - who needs them? I for one like to let my hair dry naturally and I guess I'm lucky that my hair actually dries straight. The only time I use a hairdryer is if I'm in a rush, so I was very excited when this Aquis Microfiber Hair Turban* arrived through the letterbox for me to test out.

I have to admit that the colour isn't to my taste and I think this would like much more appealing in a different shade, perhaps something brighter, but I guess I'm not exactly going to go out shopping with it in my hair so no one is going to see it anyway!

This is made from a special fabric containing fine microfibers to make it lightweight yet super absorbent. It's designed to speed up natural drying time which will then reduce the amount of time you need to blow dry your hair. Of course, I don't really blow dry my hair often so this just speeds up the natural drying time for me. 

I normally use a small towel to wrap my hair up onto the top of my head but it always ends up unwrapping and falling off because my hair is so long and heavy! With this, it has a button and a loop so you can securely fasten it to the top of your head. My hair is quite long, it reaches to my lower back so I was a bit unsure as to whether it would fit into this hair turban but it just about squeezed in. My hair stayed secure which was such a welcome change as it made it so much easier for me to apply body lotion and get changed whilst my hair dried off a bit.

Although I don't use this everyday, it always comes in handy when I'm in a rush and it means that I use the hairdryer even less now which is a massive bonus for me. It doesn't dry my hair completely but it absorbs more water than the average towel and it stays put. In fact, the hair turban still felt so light when I took it off my hair that I actually placed it on my bed, and then I came back about 15 minutes later to find a massive puddle! That's how much it absorbed without me even realising. So definitely make sure you hang it up somewhere to dry afterwards.

This is available online in celadon, white, and pink. The RRP is £14.99 but it is currently on offer at £9.95. 

4 comments:

  1. So cute!
    http://eternallyundefined.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks really useful! :)

    beth96x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this sounds interesting! I'd imagine it would be great for curly-haired girls who really don't have to do much to their hair xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle & Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds like a total winner x x

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.