Sunday 16 March 2014

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

It really feels as though the special occasions never stop. Not long ago we had Christmas, shortly followed by New Year, then Valentine's Day, and now we have Mother's Day at the end of this month. I find that mothers can sometimes be the trickiest to buy for so I've compiled several gift ideas in the hope that you'll all find something suitable to gift on the 30th of March!


Pamper Treats
Who doesn't love a good pamper session? Set her up with a selection of yummy smelling products and leave her in peace for a bit. Sometimes mums are so busy that they rarely get any me-time. Lush sells so many gorgeous smelling products and their Mother's Day range looks pretty good. I love the smell of the Sex Bomb Bath Ballistic, a popular product which is sold all year round. Face masks are brilliant too, and they're really low cost. 



Perfume
I'm someone who normally advises others to steer clear of gifting fragrances because it's quite a personal thing and most people are fully committed to a certain type of scent or a certain product. However, most of us will probably know our mums better than we know anyone else so it should be fairly easy to either pick up her favourite fragrance or find her something new that she will love. Fragrance Direct has some great fragrance gift sets at discount prices so it's the perfect place to have a little browse. This Chloe Signature Gift Set* that they sent me is a great option for someone who wants something light and not too overpowering. It's floral fresh and I'd personally describe it as the type of floral fragrance for people who aren't obsessed with florals. The perfume bottle looks simple but sophisticated and can be layered with the lotion.





Jewellery
A lot of mums (and females in general) love jewellery. I think that necklaces are the best jewellery gifts as you don't have to worry about fit/size. If you're willing to splash out a little, H.Samuel is a fantastic jewellery store and I own several pieces from them. More recently, I came across Jasper Jewellery where I got my hands on this gorgeous rabbit necklace. All their items come with free gift wrapping too! You can use discount code IAmLinderella5 for €5 off your order



DIY
You are never too old to make your own gifts for people and, let's face it, some of us may have a mum who goes down the route of "You really don't have to get me anything" and they really mean it! Making your own gift is a lot more personal and it shows you've really put a lot of thought and effort into it. One of my favourite craft books is Everything Origami. I made some origami roses for my mum a few year's back and she loved it so I'm planning on making a couple of things this year too. I'm not too sure what I'll be making yet but that's what next weekend is for!


What are your gift ideas for Mother's Day?

11 comments:

  1. I love the look of the Chloe set, what a fabulous shade the box is x
    www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute idea, especially the paper roses :)

    Sian | Sian Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! Love Lush bath bombs x
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some lovely picks here, I hadn't even thought about it - so good inspiration too!

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these picks! They're such great ideas

    Zoe
    http://thatszoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with you on buying pamper gifts from lush <3 they are the best ad that bath bomb smells amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The peel off mask is AMAZING! Nice post btw.

    http://ccfashion16.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh great ideas!! thanks for the inpspiration


    xx
    bianca
    www.worryaboutitlater.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think i'm gonna try the Chloe miniature set this time! Great idea!

    would you like to follow each other on GFC & Bloglovin?
    Let me know.. x

    Love,
    http://thatgirlfromcolombo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great suggestions here!
    I think the jewellery and DIY photos are lovely!
    thanks for sharing :D

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ideas dear! Especially the ChloƩ gift set - so elegant! :) How about following each other via GFC/Bloglovin'/Instagram/FB page? I would love to :) just let me know on my blog and I'll make sure to follow back asap! Have a nice day babe xx
    Isotta
    Red Velvet | Bloglovin' | Instagram | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.