Sunday 27 April 2014

New Things #4


Water Bottle - Drinking a lot of water is nothing new to me. I've been doing it for years but I used to drink from pre-filled plastic bottles and then re-fill them. That's supposedly a really bad thing to do as they contain a dangerous chemical called BPA which can be leaked out through wear and tear . So I got myself a BPA-free bottle called Aladdin! It's a lot tougher and I can reuse it as much as I like! Of course, you can just buy lots of pre-filled water bottles and just throw them in the bin once you've drank it all up but that's a lot more expensive. It's much cheaper to buy large bottles and pour them into this bottle. Or you could use tap water, of course.


Lush Lots Of Love Gift Set - I won this from a blog giveaway on Confessions Of A Secret Shopper back in February (which feels like a lifetime ago now!). This is one of Lush's Valentine's gift sets and most of it smelt amazing (I wasn't a fan of the Neon Love Soap). I'm still quite new to Lush so this was the best prize ever. I couldn't stop sniffing the Sex Bomb Bath Ballistic when this box first arrived, it smells amazing!


Graze Snack Box - I rarely order these unless there's a promotion of some kind as I do think they're a little pricey, but they are very healthy snacks! I was really pleased with this box though, loved all 4 punnets. Surprisingly, I quite liked the mango chutney despite not being keen the first time round. The Graze brownie was delicious! That's saying a lot considering I tend to avoid chocolate cake. Plus, it's healthier than normal brownies! If you haven't already signed up, you can get a free box by clicking here, or enter the code LINDAL54U when registering an account at Graze.


Pizza Crisps - Ah more food, and perhaps not so healthy this time! I spotted this in a small Asian grocery store and I knew I had to pick up a bag. I love pizza and I love ridged crisps so it was a no-brainer! I have to say, they do actually taste very pizza-like and they even have little bits of melted cheese on there. Definitely the best crisps I've had in a long time and I wish I'd picked up a few more bags!


Socks - I love buying new socks as they're always so soft and comfortable! These are from Tesco. They're black socks with patterns on the soles, which just about creep up onto the sides so you can kind of see them when I have them on. I love wearing  brand new pairs of fresh cotton socks as they're always so soft! 

19 comments:

  1. I never knew that re-filling plastic bottles was bad for you! Those socks are so cute haha.

    Beth | BeautyBubbles x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's bad for you but not many people seem to be aware of it :)

      Delete
  2. The Aladdin water bottle is lovely - and good to know good for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Them socks are so cute! And I really should drink more water, maybe getting a water bottle like that would help me.

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of those socks, they're so cute!!! xx

    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snacks look very yummy! And the water bottle thing, that is correct it's not good to refill regular water bottles.

    ~ Mckenzie <3
    http://www.mckenziechannon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your water bottle. I know that pre-filled plastic bottles are bad, yet everyday I always grab one before going out since I have no time to fill my water bottle up >"< and that lush set!!! Oh, the happiness of winning giveaways! :) Have a great weekend, Linda! xx

    Chic Nikkie 

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg that's awesome! i love the graze box, those brownies looks amazing ;)

    hope we can follow each other :D
    __________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    If you’d like, I’ll follow you back :) Bloggers should support each other x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking for a non-plastic water bottle for the same reasons you listed above. I'm definitely going to look at those Aladdin ones. They're beautiful to look at as well! Great post :) x

    Katy | http://littlemisskatyenglish.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just ordered one of those drinks bottles, I usually leave a glass in my room but I just know I'm going to knock it one day and spill it everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those bottles are great, hope you like yours :)

      Delete
  10. I really want to start ordering Graze Boxes again!

    Hannah x
    BLAB

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Lush gift sets! :) They make really good presents too :)

    www.nicolabishopx.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will definitely be looking into getting an Aladdin bottle! :) xxx
    The Jolly Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. That water bottle is super cute! I think I want one!

    Heather x

    http://astro-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I didn't know drinking out of plastic bottles were dangerous so thank you for making me aware. I loved the post and the heart wallpaper reminds me of my childhood because I use to have the same one :') thank you
    lots of love
    http://www.sensitiveepidermis.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww I'm so glad you liked most of the stuff in the gift box. It was so hard to choose a prize!! Lol

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper | An Undomestic Goddess

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.