Friday 25 April 2014

The Return Of The Scrunchies

A few years back when I was still in school, I used to always have my hair in a ponytail. I think it was mainly down to the fact that it was a lot more practical and neater to have all of my hair tied back. I also have long, thick hair, so it was easier to tie it tightly in the morning with several hairbands so that I didn't have to do a half-job of it when it came to sports lessons. I used to own so many scrunchies and, because of how thick my hair was, they were usually just for decoration after I'd used a tighter hairband to keep my hair up.


These very pretty looking things are from an online beauty website called Xtras. I have to say, it's been a while since I've got my hands on some brand new scrunchies. I wear my hair down most of the time nowadays and, when I don't, I use a (very) large hair grip/claw to clip all of my hair up. I'd almost forgotten how pretty scrunchies can be, and they seem to have gathered popularity again recently. Xtras kindly sent me a few products to review.


I love this Bright Floral Lime Scrunchie* and how summery it looks. I'm not usually one to go for anything remotely green-coloured but this just stood out to me and I don't own anything lime either so I figured this would add a nice splash of colour into my life. I love how soft and silky this feels, although the material isn't very stretchy so it's best reserved for added hair decoration. It definitely won't hold up my hair in a ponytail on its own. 


I love anything with bows on as I think it looks so cute so I was very pleased with these two Chiffon Floral Bow Scrunchies*. I also happen to really like chiffon too so this was even better. I have to say that the "bows" are essentially shoe-lace tie bows that are tied around the main part of the scrunchie, so it's not the neatest looking bow I've ever seen. I kind of see them more as chiffon tails. You can also completely remove the bows/tails if you don't fancy having them on there! 

Do you still use scrunchies?

14 comments:

  1. I love that scrunchies are back! I got one in Topshop recently and am in love with it! x
    My Lush & Body Shop Haul! | Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those scrunchies are so cute, I love the colours!! xx
    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post and a wonderful blog! xoxo

    Gianna <3
    www.finefeathersmakeafinebird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice colors :)


    www.littlejenniworld.com
    https://www.facebook.com/littlejenniworld

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute especially the first one! xx Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't usually wear scrunchies; I don't put my hair up a lot. But these scrunchies are still very cute! Want to follow each other through Google Friend Connect?

    ~ Mckenzie <3
    http://www.mckenziechannon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great summer colours! Thanks for the visit.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post <3

    http://carolinessecretblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous. Still can't decide if I can pull them off or not

    hcozens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE a scrunchie they are super cute and it's about they come back in fashion! I just hope they stay haha xx

    Tia
    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these scrunchies, so pretty! :) x
    ItsTheBlueBow

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really wasn't sure when I read that scrunchies were making a comeback but now I'm loving them again lol xxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really wasn't sure when I read that scrunchies where making a comeback but after trying them again I'm loving them lol xxxx

    Laura | Tease Flutter Pout

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute!

    Angi
    ~iidifferentworlds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.