Thursday 20 June 2013

Books or eReaders?



So summer is finally approaching and I finally have some spare time to sit down and read. I'm a bit torn at the moment though. I'm not sure whether to purchase a book for my eReader or whether to read the book I bought ages before I had my eReader. 

To be more specific, I own a Kindle. I'll be honest, being a massive fan of books, I thought I'd hate it. Turns out it's actually quite a neat invention. Easy to carry around (especially on long journeys), e-books are cheaper, and it's a lot slimmer than holding a book in your hand. 

Then again, I do miss turning the pages of a book and the feel of turning that very first page and the very last. I've been wanting to read About Last Night by Adele Parks for a while now. But I absolutely hate putting books in my bag whilst travelling in case they get creased. I'm also sensing quite a few train journeys coming up this summer...

It would be a shame to waste my Kindle as I haven't had time to really use it since I've had it but, at the same time, you've got to love a good old fashion book with pages to turn. 

Do you prefer reading from an actual book or from your Kindle/Kobo?

8 comments:

  1. Ah! I know how you feel. I recently got a nook and feel quite torn about wether I prefer physical books over it. I must admit though, it's much easier to get your hands on hard to find books now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's much quicker and easier to purchase e-books! It's also much easier to end up buying too many e-books as it's just a click away haha!

      Delete
  2. i love my kindle a lot, one of best presents I ever received!

    boldinballerinass.co.uk

    Kamila xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was bought for me as a present too and I'm so glad cause I would have never have thought about buying it myself! :)

      Delete
  3. I love my kobo! But I still use and buy paper books :) I just reviewed my kobo on my blog actually if you are interested!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't think I could ever stop buying paper books completely. My Kindle is amazing for long journeys and holidays though :)

      Delete
  4. Book! Though ereaders are much more comfortable to use.

    http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eReaders are definitely a lot more comfortable to hold for long periods of time! :)

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.