Wednesday 2 January 2019

Happy Things #10

Wow, it's 2019! There is not a year that goes by where I'm not in awe of how fast the year went by. In the last year, I haven't put a lot of time into this blog and I keep saying that I will start investing more time into it. This year, I am determined to revive this little part of the internet, especially for those who took the time to follow my blog in the first place.

So, to kick off 2019, here's another of my Happy Things posts. I absolutely love doing these posts and I hope you guys enjoy reading them just as much!

Lightbox and photo frame

My home. As a first time buyer, the journey to buying a property has been stressful to say the least but it has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life to date. I did it on my own and I'm so proud of myself. It has also been one of the reasons why I haven't put much time into this blog over the past year. I do plan on doing some home posts on my blog throughout this year. 

Scrub Buddy & Zoflora disinfectant

Cleaning. I've always been a bit of a clean freak but moreso now that I have bought my own house. Plus, I have been inspired by the whole Hinching craze. If you don't know what I'm about about, do check out Sophie Hinchcliffe on Instagram who has inspired a nation to clean their houses. Her Instagram stories are the best for giving you that extra push to get your house spotless and smelling fresh. It's amazing how therapeutic and calming it can be to clean your house.

Sheet face and eye masks

Skincare. Ahh, back to how this blog first started. Skincare. I have always looked after my skin from a young age but something that I rarely do is use face masks. I buy a lot of them.... I just don't use them... Part of the reason for this is because I just find it so messy having to apply a clay mask and then wash it off. Am I the only person who ends up getting water absolutely everywhere when washing off a face mask over the sink? With the arrival of all these sheet masks, it's so much easier. Just pop them onto a clean face after you've had your shower, and then massage in all the excess serum once you're done. I also plan on doing some skincare reviews throughout this year too....

Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine

Reading. As a child, I was such a bookworm. I remember going the local library one Saturday to borrow 5 Jacqueline Wilson novels. By the end of Sunday, I had read them all. In the past year or so, I've stopped reading. I've struggled to make myself feel calm enough to just sit down with a book when, in reality, reading makes me calm. I am currently reading Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman as I've seen rave reviews about it. 

I hope you've all had an incredible Christmas and New Year and I hope you will join me on my blog journey once more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.