Friday 15 November 2013

Review: Haughton Greene - Lavender & Mandarin Sensitive Skin Balm




Haughton Greene is a skincare company based in Staffordshire, founded by Jason Horton. This little company was created when the founder wanted a product that would be effective on eczema, a condition that both his children suffered from.

Fast forward a little bit and Haughton Greene now also produces body scrubs, body butters, and much more. All products are 100% natural.

I love trying out new skincare products so I was happy to receive this Lavender & Mandarin Sensitive Skin Balm*. Although I don't suffer from eczema, I do get dry skin when I don't moisturise enough. 

The lavender smell is amazing and I find that it's a really calming smell. The mandarin adds a little sharpness to it but it's not that noticeable. I don't actually own any lavender scented products but now I'm thinking that I probably should!

The texture of this balm is really smooth and easy to apply. When I first opened the tin, I thought that it would be quite a thick, waxy texture but it melts so easily into my fingers. It's also not sticky.

I've had a rough dry patch on the back of my hand for about a week now. I'm not entirely sure how it even happened but it was so itchy. No amount of moisturising or exfoliating was helping, and it was just getting more and more itchy. So I applied some of this onto my hand. I actually wasn't expecting much of a difference so I was extremely pleased to see that after a day, the dry patch had gotten ten times better. And now my hand is almost back to normal! This has been a miracle balm and it couldn't have arrived at a better time!

I only have a little 15g pot but I can see that it's going to last me quite a while. You can purchase the full-sized version on their website for £8.50.

Does anyone else love natural skincare?

18 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing and just what I could do with, I always find myself with dry patches of skin during winter time! xo

    Oh So Bridie | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Thanks for sharing!:)

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds very interesting! you have to know I am totally obsessed with lavender! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks nice :) too bad they dont sell it in my country

    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really a good product~~
    And I bet the smell is really great to.. I want to try it somehow~~
    But they don't sell this in my country T_T

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried this out too, absolutely love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish i could try it, specially now during the winter when i get really dry skin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love things that are all natural! I'm gonna try this out now...I need a new cream and all

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love natural things..i need to try this..lavender is great and it is calming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like a great product! will definitely go and try it xx

    emi-rii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds great, perfect for my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love products that are 100% natural, chemical/parabens free! I try to cut down on using products that contain parabens so seeing recommendations like this is so helpful, it is a step in the right direction! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. i need to try this and i love natural things


    ReplyDelete
  14. This reminds me of Burts Bees Hand Salve - I love a great natural balm.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.