Friday 15 August 2014

Some Animals & A Picnic

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to take advantage of the sunshine and head out for a day at the zoo. Ah, who am I kidding? I deliberately chose that day because it wasn't that sunny. I don't deal well with heat...

I went with a friend and, as we both love the zoo but hadn't been to Twycross before, it was confirmed as our next destination! Don't worry, I won't bombard you with all the photos of my day out but here are the best bits!


I was most excited to see the meerkats so I was thrilled to see them as soon as we entered the zoo. Meerkats make me want to squeal because they're so darn cute!! They're so small and adorable, I just wanted to take one of them with me. There were a few baby meerkats too which was double cute!


We watched the apes get fed some lunch and I love this photo because it reminds me of how closely related they are to us. It's easy to forget about that when they're walking around slouched over and pretty much walking using both their hands and feet, but when this one started walking around just on its legs whilst munching on fruit, I thought "they're just like us!".


Can't forget to stay hydrated! I love coconut water as it tastes so good and really quenches my thirst. This is from a brand called Foco. I believe they're made exclusively using young green coconuts. This one also has added mango which was really nice. I definitely prefer this over Vita Coco, it just tastes that little bit more refreshing and natural.


Then it was picnic time! I bought this picnic basket last year and had only used it once prior to the zoo, and that was in my garden... It's great as it comes complete with plates, cutlery, glasses, napkins, and salt & pepper shakers. The print is lovely too and it all closes up securely with the red straps. This picnic basket is from BHS which I managed to find on the website even though I got this last year and it's also down from £50 to £20! However, it looks like it sold out since I started writing this post but I'll leave the link here anyway, just in case you want to check.

I haven't eaten potato crisps for so long and I had no intention to but I wasn't the one who packed the picnic! Turns out, I couldn't resist some Tyrell's, well, I say "some" but it was more like "a lot", oops... I forgot how good they tasted, they remind me of Kettle chips which one of my friends from university got me hooked on.


The rest of the picnic was pretty healthy though so, of course, there was a lot of juicy fruit to be devoured. I also had a healthy wrap and some breadsticks. We also made some pineapple & cheese sticks which tasted so good!!! Who would have thought that pineapple and cheese made such a great pairing?!


I've been to so many butterfly farms that I always brace myself for the makeshift sauna that these pretty butterflies reside in. Although the morning wasn't that warm, by the time we'd finished our picnic, I felt like the temperature had increased by about 10 degrees, so it made going into the butterfly farm feel that little bit more unbearable. The butterflies were beautiful but we didn't hang around in there for too long. 


Pet farm! I couldn't believe that they had a pet farm there. I won't show you twenty odd photos of bunnies and guinea pigs but here's a goat for you!


Just before we left, we gave the alpacas one last visit. They were such funny creatures. There were actually two of them, the other one kept chasing this one round and round. It was like they were playing a really short game over and over again.

I had such an amazing day out and I highly recommend watching some of the animal feeds as well. I watched the meerkat one which was so adorable, and also the elephant one which involved a power walk around the enclosure because we didn't realise that the feed was taking place on the other side from where we were waiting! It was good exercise though!

Do you like the zoo?
Have you been to Twycross Zoo?

13 comments:

  1. loved the pictures :) x

    www.meemmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vitacoco brand, must try out your one! looks like a nice day out, the food looks delish

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to the zoo! I love just going round and seeing all the cute, different animals! This day out looked lovely!

    wonderfulandweirdbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like such a lovely day. I'm like you where I only really do all day activities when I know it's not going to be filled with sun all day. I'm just too pale for that! haha Your picnic looked amazing too!

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love going to the zoo - which reminds me that I need to renew my membership to my local one! Cute picnic basket too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my meerkats are my fave too. Did you ever watch Meerkat Manour, oh it was sooo good! Love your picnic basket, as if it comes with salt and pepper shakers.

    Cats in Crop Tops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it but I've heard of it! Maybe I'll have to see if I can catch some episodes online.

      Delete
  7. I love going to the zoo! I've never seen alpacas before though, they're adorable!

    Lifestyle & Book Blog: http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a lovely time, and your photo's are really great :)

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment on my blog!

    Laura ♥ | http://www.laurasallmadeup.com/
    Bloglovin' | Google + | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Twycross, looks like you had a lovely time! I have wanted a picnic basket like that for such a long time but they're really expensive, you got it for an amazing price though! Was just looking on BHS in the hope that they had some reduced haha <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me and my boyfriend go to Twycross quite often and I adore the meerkats and elephants! It's a shame they don't have more big cats as I would love to see those :) cute little picnic by the way! xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.