Saturday 21 September 2013

Review: Alison Claire - Mango Body Butter




A while ago, I began looking for new skincare ranges to try out. I've got quite sensitive skin so, unfortunately, I have to be really careful with which products I used. 

When I came across the Alison Claire website, I fell in love with all of the mango products on there. Unsure as to whether it would work with my skin, I was very kindly sent some samples to try out.

One of the samples I was sent was the Mango Body Butter and I have to say that it's one of the best that I've tried out. It has a light lotion-like texture but offers the moisturisation of a body butter. The first thing that I noticed as soon as I opened it up was the amazing smell. Now I've used The Body Shop Mango Body Butter before but this one smells better. It smells more natural and a little sweeter. 

When I tried spreading this onto my arm, I was amazed at how quickly it soaked into my skin, and I was even more amazed at how gorgeously soft my skin was afterwards. 

At £15 for a 200ml pot, it is a little on the pricey side compared to some high street body butters but they use all natural ingredients so it's great for your skin. It's so difficult for me to find products that work well with my skin so I feel like I'm onto a winner. I'm not too sure if I'm going to make a purchase as I do think it's a bit expensive and I might be able to find something equally as good but more affordable. This is definitely on my consideration list though!

Have you tried any Alison Claire products before?
Or can you recommend any other good natural skincare brands?

15 comments:

  1. Hi, lovely review! This looks amazing. With something like this, I'd probably just use it once a week for a nourishing treat and that way it will last longer!

    I'd recommend Organic Surge - I've just started using their Blissful Daily Moisturiser and Super Intensive Daily Moisturiser and have been so impressed! They're not super expensive and have special offer on sometimes via their website.

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fab! I'll take a look at their website :)

      Delete
  2. This looks lovely! I love body butters, they are my favourite! xx

    www.poptartsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually love mango body butters, they always smell good enough to eat!! i have followed you on GFC, maybe follow me back if you want to? xx

    http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tempted by you saying it smells better than the Body Shop one! x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! This one smells a lot more natural :)

      Delete
  5. I dont think this is pricey at all.. These days even drugstore products are so expensive, this range sounds wonderul! Thanks for letting us know about it.

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never used Alison Claire before, I love the Body Shop Mango and am in love with the smell of it. Can't believe you've found something that smells even better, will definitely be checking this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we havent tried any products from this range before but anything mango flavoured has our tick of approval!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I had not heard of Alison Claire before but I thought "nothing van smell better and moisturise better than the Body Shop." now, I'm looking at the Alison Claire website and the products do look lovely! Good discovery!
    www.starlightshimmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I have sensitive skin too, and I'd love to try this out. I wonder if I can get this in the State?

    xx.
    Stephanie | fashion and tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might only be for the UK but you could always email them to see if they'll deliver to the States :)

      Delete
  10. i've never ever seen a mango scented body butter before ^^ wonder how it smells :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.