Saturday 28 September 2013

Review: The Body Shop - Honeymania Eau De Toilette





When I first heard that The Body Shop were launching the Honeymania range, I was so excited. As soon as I saw the products on the website, I deliberated for a while before deciding to purchase the Eau De Toilette. I rarely purchase fragrances without testing them first but I figured I'd take a chance with this one. I love sweet scents, and this was called Honeymania so surely it would be sweet, right? ...... 

Let's begin with the packaging. It's a simple glass bottle with a gold cap, definitely not anything spectacular to be displaying on your dressing table. It does its job but it's nothing special.

The fragrance itself was a massive letdown. Having read a lot of reviews from bloggers who had the opportunity to sample the Honeymania range before its launch, there was a mixed response when it came to the EDT. Some were claiming that it was sweet, others were claiming it was floral. I can say without a doubt that this smells nothing like honey. This has extremely strong floral notes. 

I'm extremely disappointed with this because they could have made it into a unique scent that actually resembled the smell of honey. Instead, they have created another floral fragrance. However, if you're into floral scents then you'll most likely quite like this. 

I definitely won't be repurchasing this but I've heard that the scent varies from product to product within the Honeymania range so perhaps I will purchase the shower gel or body butter next time.

Have you tried the Honeymania range from The Body Shop yet?

20 comments:

  1. I just smelled the Honeymania range this morning and I was surprised at how pleasant and fresh it was - not at all as sweet as I thought it would be :O). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this sounds so gorgeous, I really need to try this out next time I'm instore xx

    Gem │ ♥ │ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the smell of honey so I'm pretty glad that this doesn't smell of it! I agree with you that they could've taken the opportunity to make a unique scent though.

    Beth | BeautyBubbles xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, the honeymania skin products have just become available where I live. The bodybutter and soap smell EXACTLY like honey, but I haven't seen nor tried the EDT. From what you describe, it doesn't smell like the skincare products. K, your review just saved me a trip to the shops. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I definitely need to test out the body butter when I get the chance to visit a store.

      Delete
  5. Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have 40% off the Honeymania range online at the moment so will definitely be trying some products! I want to try the body butter and bubble bath melt :) I did want to try the eau du toilette but it's such a shame that you found it to be a massive let down, I think I'll take a miss on that product. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad my review has helped a bit. Definitely best to test it out in store before considering purchasing the EDT.

      Delete
  7. Nice post and advice!! I adore your advices and you bloog too! Xx


    New post!
    http://betweenmyclothes.blogs.elle.es

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and great blog post too.
    I've followed you on GFC. I'd love it if you could check out my blog.

    lanalovesxxblog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! I hate when you get awful perfume. I'm sorry that this was a fail :/ The packaging looks cheap and uhh. I hate when perfume smells like cheap alcohol. Live and learn. :D

    http://ah-hadesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. "De Toilette"...The Toilet? Says it all in the name. Hahah XD

    http://ah-hadesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! :) I don't think I would ever use products that smell of honey. I like honey on food or in tea but not to wear.

    fallintobeautyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like floral scents but it's a huge let down when you get something that promeses to be something is not,
    XO!
    L
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw i was hoping its good. i like sweet scents too :) thanks for you honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh that's such a shame! I hate it when products aren't what you're expecting! Such a let down! Have you tried Marc Jacobs Honey? I think that has a honey smell to it, but not to the point where it's too sweet. It's really lovely, a tad more expensive than this one though! xx

    Squares - Bookworm and Beauty Enthusiast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one yet but I really want to! I better add it to my Christmas wishlist haha!

      Delete
  15. I love floral perfumes so definitely may give this a try!

    abi x

    http://alittledustblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's a shame you didn't like it, to be honest I find body shop perfumes to sweet xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh I usually love body shop perfumes & fragrances, but i'm SUCH a sweet girl. haha. Like the only fragraces that i like have to be sweet, and more prefrably, fruity, so they always float my boat :) although i haven't smelt this one, i'll have to give it a go!

    CharlotteHavs

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.