Thursday 5 September 2013

Review: Essie Nail Polish in Madison Ave-Hue


I bought my first Essie Nail Polish a few months ago during a shopping trip. I was after a relatively inexpensive pastel shade but then this gorgeous purple-pink colour caught my eye as I walked past the Essie stand. This was Madison Ave-Hue..... and it was the last bottle left in that shade. So I bought it. 

I love this colour - it's pink enough to look girly but it has a slight purple tint to it to avoid looking Barbie-pink. The Essie website describes this shade as a "chic upper east side pink"

I have to say, I can totally see why this is such a popular nail polish brand. The formula applies really smoothly and the brush is a decent shape & size to get smooth coverage. In the image above, I've only used one coat of polish - I think that's all you need with this one. The glossiness gives a really professional finish. Providing that you have a steady hand, you should get yourself an Essie nail polish instead of spending money getting your nails done by a manicurist.

 You can purchase your bottle of Essie Madison Ave-Hue from Debenhams for £8.

25 comments:

  1. Love this nail polish color & this review ! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is such a beautiful shade! Essie formulas are amazing :)

    www.rebeccacoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous colour! We fiiiiinally got Essie nail polishes where I live so I'm already gearing up to go Essie crazy when I finally get to the shop! haha Lovely post :)

    Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nominated you for the liebster award! Go over to my blog to find out more! :)

    www.ditssssy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a nice colour :) love a bit of essie myself x

    http://luvsthat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love love the colour!

    x leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    (just wondering are you open for button swaps?) :)
    please reply on my button swap section on my blog! thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the perfect shade of pink! So pretty :)

    www.hudasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a super pretty shade, I love essie!

    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/
    New huge Sephora haul ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a cute shade
    lets follow each other follow me and let me know will follow back
    NailMania

    ReplyDelete
  10. its a pretty colour! would suit everyone's 'pink' needs ^_^

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Essie polishes-this shade is gorgeous, I might have to have a little look for this one next time I'm in Boots :) xxx

    Introducinglexi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love pink nail colors :D just brightens up the mood!

    Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice review <3 your blog is lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely color!
    Jennifer
    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice review! Love the colour and how it looks on your nails. Really like your blog too btw. Having lots of fun reading your posts! =D

    beauteebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Glad you're enjoying my blog.

      Delete
  16. I don't have any plans for guest posters at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! I've not heard much about this shade in the blogosphere. A hidden gem.x

    duggydimples.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooh I LOVE Essie! They have another pink, Silk Crepe, that I reviewed on my blog...along with other Essie shades. Nice blog btw, and I am now following you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that shade before - I'll have to check it out :)

      Delete
  19. ooo since everyone raves about this brand so much, I think it's time I try it out! Love the color xx

    ♥Kay
    www.imladiiekay.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.