Saturday 29 March 2014

Just What I Needed

Ever have one of those weeks where you feel like you're hitting your head against a break wall? Well that's exactly how I felt last week. For me, my two favourite ways of picking myself up are to exercise and eat food. Bit of a juxtaposition, I know! Last week I felt like I'd done enough exercise to rival that of an athlete (okay... maybe not quite but you get the idea) so food was the only solution left!

I headed to the usual destination with my cousin by my side and I thought I'd share my (small) feast with you all.


The first thing that I had was this sausage bun. It's a lot more appetising than it looks. It's basically a sweet bun filled with frankfurter sausage, cheese, sweetcorn, and peas. Okay, it's a lot more appetising than it sounds as well, I promise!



Of course, I had to have a cake of some sort! I opted for this coffee cake slice. I've been staying away from caffeine for various reasons (I didn't even have any festive drinks over Christmas!) so I figured that having some coffee cake would be enough to satisfy my caffeine cravings. The cream was yummy as it was filled with fruits. Guess that counts towards my five a day....


Coconut water is so refreshing and delicious and I figured I should have at least one completely healthy thing. I don't purchase this often as I think it's a little pricey for what it is. It describes itself as "like sticking a straw in a coconut". Honestly, I've literally stuck a straw in a coconut before and nothing can compare to it. When I don't have fresh coconuts to hand, though, Vita Coco is a suitable substitute.

What are you up to this weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Ooh the food looks good! I absolutely HATE coffee but I have to admit that the cake looks delicious. I love coconut, but I've never tried coconut water. It seems like people either completely hate it or are totally in love with it. I should probably try it soon-- I need to try more new things. I love your blog! I read a few posts and I really like your writing style. I'm following you on Bloglovin and GFC now, and I'd love if you'd follow me back!!

    xo, Sarah
    Hustla, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coffee! That cake looks absolutely delicious!!! I also love coconut water!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a strange sausage bun but I am sure they are nice! :O)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.co.uk
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm everything looks yummy - especially that roll!
    Great post!

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much yum!

    Treating and eating well is always a good cure for a bad week.

    http://natalieinateapot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That food looks so delicious!!

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, you've made me hungry now! :)

    The Oxford Owl

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.