Monday 10 March 2014

Review: Mr Nutcase - Personalised Phone Case




I'm a massive fan of anything that has been personalised and I own a lot of personalised items. Recently, I added to this personalised collection when I was kindly sent a Personalised Phone Case* for my Blackberry from Mr Nutcase.

I've never had a personalised phone case before because it's just one of those things that I just wouldn't know what to personalise it with. I don't like anything that's too cheesy so I certainly wouldn't have some celebrity boy band plastered over it, but I wouldn't want anything too personal since a lot of people will see it when I'm out an about using my phone therefore family photos are a big no-no for me. 

So when the opportunity came along to get myself one of these, I spent a while going through the hundreds of images on my laptop. I believe that it's okay to use free stock photos from the web but I wanted something that meant a bit more to me. Eventually I came across an image that I took when I was in London for my birthday. To be more precise, I was actually on the London Eye at the time. The photo has not been edited at all but it looks black and white because of the stream of golden sunlight that was ripping through the sky, and that's why I love the photo so much. This photo means a lot to me as not only is it one of my favourite photos that I've taken myself, but it reminds me of the fabulous birthday weekend that I had. 

The phone case itself is a clear plastic material with the image printed over it. As the plastic is quite glossy, it did make me worry a little about the longevity of whatever ink was used. I actually lightly scratched the edge to test it out and, surprisingly, nothing came off.

This case is very lightweight and it also feels a little thinner than the plastic cases that I've used before. I see this as a good thing because it snaps onto my phone with ease. Previous phone cases have been so tough that it always made me a little paranoid that I might be damaging my phone every time I had to remove the case to reset my phone, for example, hence why I normally use silicone cases nowadays. 

Overall, this is a fantastic case and I'd definitely consider getting a few more personalised cases in the future because it means no one else will have the same one!

Do you have a personalised phone case?

15 comments:

  1. so pretty! I've yet to create my case as I'm so picky on the photos I'd like to feature on mine! The quality looks great though! x
    Anita @ ATA|AllThingsAnita

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really cool! And the quality doesn't seem too bad either. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this :) Such a lovely touch x

    nicolabishopx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to get a phone case with all my Instagram pictures on but they are so expensive!

    P.xx
    GreyWalls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I've been wanting to get a personalized iphone case for a while - perhaps a monogrammed one? I really like the picture you used for your blackberry - so pretty and classic! I feel like personalized phone cases can get quite pricey though. Perhaps I'll check out Mr. Nutcase - the quality of it seems pretty good for the price!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely review! I might look into a personalized phone case sometime soon :)

    blog.seafer.me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stumbled across your blog and it's so cute :) I believe my blog lovin follow has just taken you up to 500 followers ! Congratulations x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That phone case is just amazing. I am always stunned to see London look so nice in pictures, and then leave my house and be like 'WTH'.
    I don't have a personalised phone case, because I don't care much for phone accessories, plus I don't have a smartphone. But I did clip a little phone charm onto it, one because I found it somewhere in my house, two because it was pretty, and three because if my hands couldn't grip the phone properly, I could always grab it by the charm. Thankfully I've had it for a few years and it's been a mostly drop-free experience!
    Thanks for sharing, I wish I had that picture as my desktop wallpaper or something. Time for Google Images...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mr Nutcase :p lol the case is cute! I love the London scene ~

    ♥Kay
    imladiiekay | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a good idea :)

    http://iwish-zuzi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love others' that I see, I definitely need to get sorted and try one of these!

    You chose a gorgeous picture :)

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous case with a gorgeous picture! I've been wanting to get more things personalized as well. It just adds a little something that was original, ya know.
    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.