Monday 31 March 2014

Review: Simple - Kind To Skin Smoothing Facial Scrub




With my sensitive skin, it's always so difficult to find suitable products. I must have gone through so many products in the past few years just to find the right ones. There have been occasions where I've literally used a product once and had to throw it away. One of the brands that I can almost always rely on is Simple. Not only do they make gentle products, they are also super affordable.

One of my favourite products is the Simple Kind To Skin Smoothing Facial Scrub. I'm not sure how long it's been around for but I only came across it about 2 years ago and, since that day, I've only bought one other face scrub and that was only because this wasn't on the shelf that day. 

As with the majority of Simple products, this is scentless. It contains rice granules, which I assume is the exfoliating agent in this as I can't seem to find anything else on the tube. The granules are extremely fine and really help to buff away dead skin cells in the most gentle way possible. In terms of affordable high street products, I haven't come across any face scrub that is more gentle, fine and effective as this one

My skin is left feeling refreshed, brighter, and very soft. I've actually used this on my hands a couple of times too when they get dry in the Winter and it works wonders! It's gentle enough to make my hands lovely and soft again without feeling like I've just rubbed sandpaper onto them!

The tube is quite small compared to some other face scrubs and only contains 75ml of product for £3.29, which I guess is still very cheap in the grand scheme of things. You only need to use this once a week so it does last a while. I tend to purchase this when there are offers in store such as 3 for 2. 

Of course, if your budget extends a bit further then there are other options out there. One of my friends is a big Dermalogica fan and she was close to purchasing the Microexfoliant when we visited the stand at Westfield. I have to say, it does look like an ultra fine exfoliator and it's something I will probably try in the future but the price tag is insane. Quite frankly, I don't believe that you need to spend ridiculous amounts for good skincare. So, for her birthday last year, I put together a little goodie bag for her and included this Simple Smoothing Facial Scrub. Always a pleasure to introduce people to my favourite skincare brand and help them save money at the same time!

I'm still open to trying out other face scrubs but I think it will take a lot for a product to beat this one!

What is your favourite face scrub?

8 comments:

  1. Great review, will have to try this
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really like this face scrub. Simple is the best one I have found that is gentle enough for my sensitive skin. I also love that it is kind on my purse as well as my skin!

    Bella x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're very happy with this. I love simple skincare and are yet to be let down by any of their products! Xx

    Sharlotte | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh I should try this out one day. I've used simple before just not the scrub yet, the light moisturiser is pretty good for under your foundation :)

    xx Jeremie | jerawrmie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I followed your blog, I've been looking for a facial scrub which doesn't leave my skin dry, red and just generally irritated for a long time! Simple have always been good to my skin so far but I didn't know what the scrub would be like so I'll have to try this :)

    Lil x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sound of this :) I use Simple's Oil Balancing cleanser and occasionally their facial moisturisers too- definitely one of the best highstreet brands out there! I'll be keeping an eye out for this scrub, fab review :) x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds wonderful!! Love that the exfoliant is rice granules because it seems so natural and clean :3 Thanks for the lovely review!! I use Noxzema and have been for a while now. Maybe it's time to try this one out!


    xoxoxo, Cindy⭐︎☽
    ✿ chocokittiehk.blogspot.com ✿

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite scrub is by clean&clear its really good! Check out my blog please?

    wonderfulworldoflilyrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts so feel free to leave a comment! You can also tweet me @HelloLinderella or send me an email.